My son started preschool last year only going two days a week. The school he goes to uses Tools of the Mind as their curriculum. I was so blown away by this program and it was great seeing the growth over the school year. He came home most of the days with is play plan, science eyes and artwork. I really wanted to be able to preserve this for him and keep the collection in an organized way. So I decided to make it into a book. The pages varied in sizes so I had to find a way to make it all work. Since the majority of the preschool material was 5 1/5 x 8 I decide I would scan or photograph the large items and reduce them in size to make a 6 x 9 finished bound book.
I decided to use Zoe as my paper pack for the cover. I mixed it with pomegranate and honey cardstock. I used my Artbooking cartrige to cut the apple and photos mat. The new Jennifer’s Hand B1484 alphabet stamp set with Slate ink. I did use my black journaling pen to trace the number to make them stand out a bit.On the inside of the cover I used his class photo and name plate from school. He would come in every morning and find the one with his name on it and then put it on a board depending on the answer to the question of the day.
The play plans are the key to getting them to start writing their names and drawing a picture of themselves. The will also write their plan for the center they are going to. For this divider I just wanted to use the stick figure since he started drawing a bit more of one by the end of the year. The title was cut using Artistry and stick figure is a SVG file with my Silhouette.
This section did not start until the spring. They would look at an object and describe it to their friend and then draw it. He only brought home a few but I wanted to preserve these as well. The title was cut using Artistry and microscope and atom are SVG files with my Silhouette.
This was the last section and since most of the artwork was small or too big I just photographed it all and will include a photo of the pieces along with a few of the original artwork. The title was cut using Artistry and the pallet and brush are SVG files with my Silhouette.