Welcome to this weeks Color My Heart Color Challenge #120. For this week we are featuring Barn Red, Goldrush, Glacier, Olive, and Lagoon. Which just so happens to be the colors of the Pathfinding paper pack!!
I really love the leaves of the Fall Harvest stamp set. I wanted to try a new way to color them using a technique I had seen using stamp pads, the all purpose mat and a spray pen. Here is how it works. the first step is to rub your ink pad onto the shinny side of your CTMH All Purpose mat. If you do not have an all purpose mat you may be able to do this with a ziplock style bag. I used one of my spay pens with a little water to spay the inked area.
I cut the leaves using my silhouette ~ I created my own cut file. Then placing the paper or in this case the leaves face down into the ink I was able to create a marbled look.
I then just wiped the mat with a baby wipe and the ink is all cleaned up. I then flipped the mat over and using my craft heater I dried the leaves so I could stamp them in Chocolate. I really like the way they turned out.
Supplies used for this card:
- Paper pack ~ Pathfinding
- Cardstock ~ Chocolate and Colonial White
- Ink ~ Chocolate, Barn Red, Goldrush, Olive and Olive
- Stamp Sets ~ Fall Harvest C1504 and Variety of Thanks B1471 (hostess exclusive available starting Dec 1)
- Embellishments~ Gold Sequins Z2012, Teal Shimmer trim Z1918, Twine and button from stash.
- Tools ~ All purpose Mat Z2045 and Spray Pen Z138
Now it is your turn! Just create a design using the featured colors then link on Color My Hearts home page which can be found here.