Welcome to the Everything ABC’s Blog Hop!
For this hop we will be featuring the letter “E”. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their “E” element will be featured in their post.
If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at LINDA’S BLOG ~ SCRAPPY THERAPY
If you came from JOY MCHARGUE ~ STUDIOWOW then you’re on the right track!
The first “E” that came to mind is our exquisite new embossing folders which I am using at every opportunity. This time I chose the Quatrefoil Embossing Folder Z1926. I also have been wanting to try a technique I just learned recently which is to use my Envelope Punch Board to make a bow. I know you can also use the Artiste cartridge to cut the bow as well but I wanted to try this technique since I have not been using my Envelope Punch Board very much. I also added some of the new Black and Gray Epoxy Bubbles Z1935. Here is how it turned out…
To make the bow I cut the following strips of paper ~ 1 X 6 inch, 1 X 4 inch and a 1 X 1/4 inch strip. Take the 6 inch strip and line it up at the 3 inch on the envelope punch board, so that you will be punching the middle of the strip. Once you punch one side flip it around and punch the other long side.
Then line up the ends of the strip so only just the corners will be punched; do this on both sides and both ends.
Next take the 4 inch strip and line up at the 2 inch mark and punch out the center on both sides.
Then insert the end into the punch so that is is centered and punch each end.
Here is what your cut pieces now look like.
Gently curl the ends of the 6 inch with your fingers and then glue down.
Adhere the 6 inch strip which is now curled and forming the loops of the bow to the base which is the 4 inch strip. Then wrap the small 1/4 inch strip around the center.
- Saddle cardstock X5928
- Colonial White cardstock 1388
- Balloon Ride Paper Pack X7180B
- Black and Gray Epoxy Bubbles Z1935
- Quatrefoil Embossing Folder Z1926
- Saddle Ink Z2171
- Crystal Blue Ink Z2117
- Holidays Tags Stamp Set D1560
- Neutral Metallic Bakers Twine Z1921
Your next stop on our Everything ABC’S blog Hop is PAM TROSTLE ~ PAM’S CRAFTY CREATIONS.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way 🙂
- Linda Norman – Scrappy Therapy
- Joy McHargue – Studiowow
- Catherine Nowak ~ Catscrapbooking <— You are here
- Pam Trostle – Pam’s Crafty Creations
- Jenny Gilbert – Jen’s Creative Classroom
- Anita Autore- Cards and Coffee
- Lauren Moore – CTMH Craftings
- Michelle Battitori – Michelle’s Handmade World
- Sharon Chapman-Sharon’s PaperFiesta
- Cary Magnani – My Heart’s Design
- Stephanie Feist-The Quilted Scrapper
- Shalana Glass – Scrappin with Shalana